Reporting to the Principal Accountant- Financial, the holder of this position will be responsible for supporting the day to day running of the treasury section.
- To collect and record revenue at cashier points.
- Prepare daily collection reports and posting of cash journals.
- Act as the university’s banking agent.
- Keep safe custody of any cash and cheque collections
- Maintain records of delivery to safety deposit box of back-up tapes.
- Carry out accurate posting of revenues to relevant ledgers.
- Carry out daily reconciliation of cash journals.
- Respond to clients’ queries.
- Prepare a banking report every morning for review by the Senior Accountant
- Ensure proper filing of cash office documents.
- Scanning of all accounting documents.
- Preparation of tax schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Education/Professional and working experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance and CPA (K).
- High level of proficiency in computer applications.
- Should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy accounting department.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Confidentiality and high level of integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Self motivated;
- Good analytical skills with attention to details;
- High degree of honesty.
Adaptability and reliability
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by Friday, January 24, 2020.
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya