Actuarial Science Lecturer
The University of Lusaka is seeking to recruit a Full Time Lecturer who is highly motivated and passionate about making a mark in the education sector.
School of Business, Economics and Management
Actuarial Science Lecturer (1)
Summary of Job Responsibilities
- Conduct Lectures for Full-time, Part-time and Distance classes
- Develop and improve course outlines, module and teaching materials for courses
- Carry out research and publish research findings
- Prepare lesson plans at the start of each semester for the course
- Be involved in other administrative duties as and when assigned by management
- Applicants should be holders of a first Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science,
- Master’s Degree in Actuarial Science or any Mathematical related program obtained with a research/thesis component.
- Must have at least one (1) or more year(s) experience in lecturing
- A PHD in Mathematics will be an added advantage.
Key Qualities and skills:
- Self-motivated and resourceful with strong intellectual ability
- Ability to research and create new knowledge
- Ability to teach more than one course in a given program
- Should be a goal getter and a team player
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be articulate and have strong interpersonal skills
- High level of planning and organizing skills
- Good computer skills
- An attractive and competitive package will be offered commensurate with one’s qualification and experience.
Interested candidates should send their applications together with copies of educational & professional certificates, and Curriculum Vitae with traceable references to the undersigned, on or before 31st January 2020
University of Lusaka
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Mass Media
P O Box 36711, Lusaka Zambia