Learning Design Partner
The UCT Graduate School of Business is a globally recognized institution. As an authority in business and leadership education in Africa we provide aspiring leaders with relevant knowledge, skills and competencies to lead change in Africa and internationally. We are one of just three African business schools to have triple-crown accreditation with highly ranked Executive Education offerings.
The GSB provides leadership and management development executive training programmes (customized and open; in person and digital) to corporates and individuals across Africa and the world. In supporting the GSB vision and mission, our Business Development Unit (BDU) is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified person to the position of Business Developer for Customized Course Design and Integration. This position will be responsible for significant revenue and client growth activities through strategic planning, key account management, instructional design /development and sustainable relationship management.
Job purpose: The main purpose of this position is to develop long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with corporates and deliver a competitive advantage to the UCT GSB. The role requires the successful candidate to significantly increase revenue and market share for the GSB through relationship management, instructional design and sales of customized Executive Education programmes.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of the Business Development Unit, the Learning Design Partner will be responsible for:
• Serving as an ambassador of the GSB to the broader corporate learning and development markets
• Developing and implementing an integrated business development and sales strategy
• Translate client needs into programme design based on sound theoretical concepts and instructional design principles
• Gathering, interpreting and disseminating market intelligence that enables informed decision-making
• Revenue growth and sustainability from new and existing channels / clients / market segments
• Developing and persuasively delivering winning proposals
• Expand the GSB footprint into Africa, bring it closer to its clients and stakeholders throughout the continent and beyond
• Collaborating closely with colleagues in the BDU, Executive Education and the greater GSB and UCT academic communities
• Preparation, monitoring and managing of the programme budgets / costings
For this position we seek to attract a highly competent and experienced person to the Business Development Unit. The successful candidate will be a skilled communicator, service-orientated and able to work independently to identify opportunities to develop mutually-beneficial relationships with all stakeholders.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• A relevant post graduate (i.e. honors level) tertiary qualification in professional development / adult learning or equivalent (an appropriate Masters level qualifications will be advantageous)
• At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in course/ programme design that includes proposal writing, responding to Tenders /RFP’s
• Proven experience in engagement and successfully fostering relationships with private/public sector leading to new business / revenue
• The ability to work across different business disciplines to establish credibility with senior executives, faculty and participants.
• Possess an understanding of challenges faced at executive levels of an organization as well as strong business acumen.
• Strong people skills, cross cultural sensitivity and an ability to respond quickly to changing situations.
• Understanding of professional development / learning principles and the ability to translate these into coherent course design in response to client needs.
• Exposure to and a keen understanding of the role of online learning to support and enhance programme impact and experience for adult learners
• Excellent communication, presentation, proposal writing and project management skills.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills supported by an in-depth understanding of customer relationship management.
• Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to identify new business opportunities with a strong follow through to close business deals.
• Proven ability to be creative, entrepreneurial & innovative in work role
• Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
• Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve the Business Development unit and GSB goals
• Proven ability to establish and leverage networks for organizational benefit
• Must be willing to travel locally, nationally and internationally and work evenings and weekends as required
The annual cost of employment for 2019, including benefits, is between R 670,000 and R 700,000 p.a. commensurate with experience and skills-set.
To apply, please visit http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/workforus and submit the following documents:
– UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
– Motivation letter, and
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Reference number: E200102
Closing date: 27 January 2020 @ 12h00
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Please indicate your preference with respect to location (Cape Town or Johannesburg). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. (PASS posts)
“UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf .”
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.
Opportunity Closes: 27 January 2020 – 12:00 pm