The Unisa Graduate School of Business Leadership (SBL) is an academic college within the University of South Africa (Unisa).
In 1965, following the advice and active support of senior South African business leaders, Unisa decided to introduce a Master of Business Leadership (MBL). The success of this programme, coupled with the unique characteristics associated with a multidisciplinary degree led, in 1969, to the establishment of the SBL as an autonomous body within the university. As its name and that of its flagship programme (the MBL) indicate, the emphasis from the start has been on leadership development as opposed to administration.
Regarded as one of the top business schools in South Africa, the SBL has produced more than a third of all the MBL/MBA degrees awarded by South African universities since its inception.
Driven by a philosophy of innovation, social responsibility, ethical engagement and global connectedness, the success of the SBL’s approach is demonstrated daily by achievements of the people and organisations who have participated in their programmes. Many SBL alumni hold senior positions in world-class companies.
To be the leading African business school of choice offering internationally recognised leadership and management education.
- Preparing today’s leaders for tomorrow’s challenges through the provision of affordable quality education and knowledge.
- Training and developing dynamic, ethical leaders for Africa and globally, who value diversity and are dedicated to enhance human prosperity on the African continent and globally.
- Effectively utilising ODL to deliver quality business education in Africa.
- To continuously engage in cutting-edge research to produce new knowledge in the fields of management and leadership.
- We care deeply about the future of Africa and its people.
- We value integrity and ethics in all we do.
- We are professionally dedicated to the service of our internal and external stakeholders.
- We value continuous learning and change to be relevant in a dynamic global environment.
- We are committed to offer affordable quality education.
UNISA School of Business Leadership
Cnr Janadel and Alexandra Avenues Midrand, 1686 Gauteng, South Africa